Education and professional training
Global TESOL International Montreal – Canada 2010
Advanced TESOL Diploma Program 360 hours (Specializing in Teaching Business English, Tourism English, Legal English, Children English, and TOEFL Preparation)
Canterbury University Cheshire – UK 2003
Masters of Arts in Tourism Management
Canterbury University Cheshire – UK 1995
Bachelor of Commerce in Business Management
Pigier Institute of Commerce Paris – France 1980
Business Administration and Finance diploma and Accounting and auditing certificate
Learning International Montreal – Canada 2001
Professional selling skills and other training seminars
Summary of Qualifications and Objectives
I have been teaching Oral English, Business English, and ESP (English for Special Purposes) English for the last 5 years. I also taught Hotel and Tourism English, Geography, French conversation and culture, How to improve Oral English skills special courses in Peizheng college. I am also a Senior Sales and Business Development and coaching/teaching Professional with an inherently strong business acumen and extensive sales leadership and business development experience. Achieved key results through strong communication, effective decision making and ensuring that the right team is in place to achieve the desired outcomes.
Traveled worldwide, recruited, coached, and trained performance-oriented teams in different market environments and industries. Developed, communicated and delivered short and long-term sales/marketing strategies in the IT, online business Information, Telecoms, Travel and Tours industries and online advertising.
I am very energetic, passionate, self motivated, resourceful, independent, well organized, team player, and goal oriented professional who is eager to overachieve.
Oral English and French instructor Guangzhou - China 03- 2013 - to date
Taught, Oral English and French, Business English, English for Hotel and hospitality industry, Geography and Job search and interview skills and time management skills to college students. Also trained Chinese teachers on teaching the Job search and interview skills so they can offer the program as well.
Web International Qingdao Summer 2013 - 2015
Taught oral English to students of all ages and all levels during the summer periods of 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Joy English School Qingdao Summer 2013 - 2014
Taught kids English and organized activities, games and field trips to 4 to 14 years old students for two summers
Alpha Tours Dubai – UAE 02- 2011 – 12-2012
• In charge of training the Tour Leaders and ground operations teams to improve customer service quality and sales skills.
• Established Asia MENA both in Singapore and Malaysia as exclusive agents of ABQ zawya LLC online services for the Asian markets stretching from India to China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, and Australia and all other South and South East Asia countries with the objective of bridging those countries to the MENA region using the www.zawya.com online business information platform.
Main responsibilities: built and trained an online sales team that sold the full spectrum of zawya online services (zawya BD, Zawya Projects Monitor, zawya Investor, and MEES Middle East Economic Survey MEES.com and online advertising campaign packages to customers in the Asia from Kuala Lumpur office.
ABQ Zawya LLC Dubai – UAE 05 - 2005 to 11- 2005
Vice President Operations
• Reported to the CEO of ABQ Zawya LLC, a MENA region focused subscription based online Business and Financial information platform with business customers in the MENA region and worldwide.
• Responsible for all operational aspects of the business including Human Resources, Training, Financial control
• Developed SOP’s for hiring, training, and evaluating employees and reduced employee turnover.
• Developed and delivered training programs for sales team and all new employees.
ABQ Zawya LLC Dubai – UAE 04 - 2004 to 05 - 2005
• Expanded the sales team and opened Bahrain and Kuwait offices and developed business in Malaysia and Singapore. Hired and trained corporate sales for Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait markets.
• Increased brand awareness of Zawya by participating and sponsoring over 50 conferences in the MENA region, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
• Overachieved sales targets by over 30% for 2004 and 40% first quarter 2005
• Sold both subscriptions and online advertising campaign packages to major accounts in the UAE and the MENA region.
Microcell Telecom Ottawa - Montreal – Canada 04 -1997 to 01 - 2004
Sales Manager (corporate sales)
• Reported to the Regional Sales Director of Microcell Solutions, a division of Microcell Telecom a leader in the telecommunications in Canada and the first GSM operator in North-America under the brand name “Fido”
• Managed and coached a team of corporate sales consultants to most respected and successful team in Canada. (Top team for two years in a row 2000 and 2001 with 141% and 160% of targeted quotas)
• Developed successful sales strategies to capture major accounts in the private and federal government sectors.
Yunisystems Hull – Canada 1990 – 1997
Sales and Marketing Director
• Expanded sales team from 3 to 10 representatives and increased market share from 10 to 25% within 2 years in the Ottawa – Hull region education market and increased overall sales by more than 300% within 4 years
Universal Spinners Group Kano – Nigeria 1980 – 1989
Group Financial controller and General Manager
• Worked closely and negotiated with banks to obtain initial and additional financial facilities.
• Took charge of all financial aspects of the group of companies (6 factories with 15000 employees and US$5M monthly turnover). Prepared financial forecasts and reports, cash flows, feasibility studies and implemented cost cutting measures.
Socomex SARL Lebanon and France 1973 – 1980
Accountant Beirut, Paris and Bucharest offices
• Prepared monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements, cash flows, budgets and reports.
- Honorary Treasurer Accueil-Parrainage Outaouais Hull, Gatineau, Quebec 1990 - 1991
- Honorary treasurer Kano Lebanese club Kano – Nigeria 1982 – 1989Hobbies and interests: Tennis, squash, golf, music, photography, teaching, learning languages, and travel